As parents, the most important thing you concern about is the safety of your children. It’s even more critical when the kids are playing outside. You never know when they’re going to trip and tumble while running and goofing around. These concerns apply even to your own backyard, especially when you’re already aware of the risks that natural grass hides. For peace of mind and safer playtimes, consider switching to artificial turf.
Playtime Hazards of Real Grass
A natural lawn may look very beautiful to play on, but it does hide disadvantages that can disrupt playtime and risk the safety of children. Some hidden dangers that can lurk in a backyard made of real grass are:
- Toxic weeds and plants
- Mosquitoes and other toxic pests
- Exposure to toxic chemicals like pesticides, herbicides, and weedicides
- Grass pollen and other allergens
- Packed dirt which can create a hard landing surface for trips and falls
Children cannot avoid these dangers as long as you have a natural lawn. That’s why more and more parents are switching to synthetic turf. The synthetic turf makes sure that the kids can have maximum fun without getting in harm’s way.
Advantages of Artificial Turf for Play and Game Areas
Artificial turf is especially suited for use in playgrounds and game areas. In fact, you can now find it in countless schoolyards, commercial playgrounds, and residential spaces around the country. Here’s why:
- It offers excellent shock absorption, which in turn provides a greater cushion in case of trips and falls. An additional layer of shock pad can also be added to provide extra resilience.
- It’s hypoallergenic and does not produce grass pollens.
- It’s made from non-toxic materials.
- It’s extremely durable and can withstand even the most hyper kids and hours of daily play.
- It’s pest-free because turf does not provide shelter and food for pests.
- You never need to use herbicides, weed killers, and pesticides on turf, which reduces the chances of exposure to these toxins.
With all of these qualities, you can rest assured that your children are safer every time they go out into the yard to play. Aside from these safety elements, outdoor artificial turf in Dallas is also incredibly versatile. Apply it to your backyard and create a play paradise!
Explore Creative Playground Ideas with Artificial Turf
Artificial grass can be applied to almost any surface. It can also be cut and shaped into almost any design imaginable, so the sky’s the limit when it comes to how you can apply turf! Below are some of the most popular applications for synthetic grass in playgrounds:
- The perfectly-even surface of artificial grass is perfect for bocce ball! You can even customize your bocce court for creative challenges as a twist to the ancient game.
- Experience life-size playground chess with artificial! You can use different shades of artificial grass to construct a larger-than-life board.
- Thanks to its surface that mimics real grass, turf is an awesome surface for football, volleyball, baseball, and soccer.
You can also use turf to create a mini obstacle course, kid’s jungle gym, and other features that will elevate game time.